Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bangkok Marathon

Well it's official. I have signed up for the Bangkok Marathon...........well half marathon.

The race is on the 20th of November and starts at a very early 5am. I have to be in the starting line at 4.30am. To be honest I am not sure if I can get up that early and even less sure that I can follow up the early rise with a 21km run. My younger years of competitive sport have long been replaced by beer and couch sport. But, there is no going back now. It will be tough but I do have a goal. And that goal is to beat my brothers half marathon time from Sydney. That time, which still needs to be verified, is I think 2 hours and 15 minutes. Losing to a younger brother is not an option so I now have under a month to find a way to cover 21km in under 2 hours and 15 minutes.

The race starts and finishes alongside the Royal Grand Palace and passes some cool sites along the way. I am actually really looking forward to it.

So for anyone else keen on getting involved in the marathon day (there is also a 10km and 5km option) check out the link above.

1 comment:

  1. You go Dan! That's freaking awesome! We're doing our first 10 km early Nov in Soweto... and eventually working towards a half marathon. Train well and enjoy, look forward to post about that.

    ReplyDelete