Sunday, April 3, 2011

Threading


Hair removal is not a topic that I am to familiar with at the best of times so when Celine told me about this threading process I was a little intrigued. Oldish ladies sit on small plastic chairs on the pavement of busy streets in Chinatown; waiting for customers. Next to them are old worn pictures showing the process of threading, laminated and attached to a makeshift stand; advertising their services.




We stopped at one of the ladies and for 50 baht (less than $2) Celine could get her eyebrows done. First they put some powder around your eyebrows. They use a piece of cotton string and criss cross it in a way that plucks the hairs in what looks incredibly painful. As Celine vouched, it is incredibly painful. The process takes a few agonising minutes. I would be stuffed to do that myself and I guess am thankful I don't have to deal with those girly things. Ouch!

That being said, guys do opt for the threading process. Lady boys use them to keep that feminine look.

3 comments:

  1. Une double photo "avant" / "après" aurait été top ! Next time !!!

    "Lady boys use them to keep that feminine look" -> Sem-sem for méditerranean hairy girls ;)

    Bises
    Christ

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah oui, je me souviens, j'ai fait ça une fois....à Southampton..... trop de la balle, mais oui, ça fait mal..........
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah bon, elle n'a pas l'air de souffrir, ceci dit j'imagine mal me faire faire le " maillot " de cette manière-:)

    ReplyDelete