Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chidlom complex, central Bangkok

Ok, I'm loving Bangkok a lot more now that I work and lead an active life again. I wake up early, go to work (air conned sky train, modern and all). My way to work is awesome. I go through two shopping malls: I grab a cinnamon latte at the cafe, or a Boost smoothie if I'm too hot from my oh so tiring 20 minutes commute (I'm being sarcastic, 20 minutes commute is the dream). So yes, working in a shopping center has its downfalls: apparently it makes you spend more. But right now, I don't have anything to spend so I just look and I'm pretty happy with that. I spray myself with a different perfume everyday at the beauty stands (they have everything here. La Mer. Clarins. YSL. Mac. Bobbi Brown. everything.) and I pick up the newspaper at the newstand. I go all the way up the mall to where my school is, and drink my coffee + read the paper at my desk, before the lessons start. I've joined a yoga studio in the same shopping complex, I can leave my work out bag at work and pick it up there even if I don't work that day: everything is at the same place. Chidlom is my HQ.

I've joined a Thai school where I'm going to study four hours a week, again it's in a shopping center - it seems to me everything is, in Bangkok. This one is five minutes away from home, and five minutes away from work. It's all on the same sky train line, three stops up or down really. I would have never dreamed to be near everything like that, in a city so big I still can't quite grasp the sheer size of it.

I feel incredibly lucky. Soon I'll be going up and down the city, as I'm a Corporate teacher, I'll be going to the companies where staff needs to be trained, but still Chidlom will be my HQ: where I have a desk, a locker with my stuff and a yoga studio. All right there. It's wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment