Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Email from a student

I have this very funny Japanese student, his name is Sakata. He's elem1, which means his grasp of English is very rudimentary, but hey he tries hard and has such a fun, outgoing personality that I usually end up laughing my head off in our classes together, every Saturday afternoon. He's so lovely: he repeats everything I say to practise his pronunciation which is hilarious (can you imagine? I ask him a question and he just repeats it, like:

-"Are you OK Sakata?"

-"mmm...You ok Sakata?"

Hilarious.

He even brings me back presents when he goes on trips.

All in all, one of my favourite students ever.

Last Saturday was our last class together, so I gave him my email address and we said goodbye. 2 hours later, here's the what I received from him. It needs no comments, I think:

Dear Ms.Celine Ferrer

My name is Sakata!
Do you remember?

Thank you very much for teaching English to me.

I want to speak with various people by using English more.

Therefore, help of Celine will be asked for again.

I very much tired today….

Best regards.

Sakata.

1 comment:

  1. this really makes me miss my pre-beginner Japanese student! The one that always found a way to make me blush. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete